National Council Members are healthcare organizations and healthcare management entities providing treatment and support in the community to more than 10 million adults, children and families.
Find National Council Members
Search our members by state.
National Council member organizations deliver billions of dollars every year in services — financed by federal, state, and local grants and contracts; Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial insurance; self-payers; and individual and corporate charitable contributions. Members are critical economic engines within their communities. Together, National Council member organizations employ approximately 500,000 staff, including administrators, clinical professionals, para-professionals, peer counselors, and support staff.
National Council member organizations provide a range of services:
- Psychiatric crisis services, inpatient hospitalization, outpatient medication and psychotherapy, case management and assertive community treatment, and treatment for trauma and post-traumatic stress disorders.
- Programs for the prevention of addictions, violence, and suicide; community education; early intervention; and jail diversion and prison re-entry initiatives.
- Addiction treatment programs, including detoxification, residential, and intensive outpatient care.
- Rehabilitation and educational interventions, including supported work and housing, illness self-management, and family psychoeducation.
- Specialized community mental health services for children, including therapeutic foster care, multi-systemic therapy, functional family therapy, and mentoring and respite services.