Scholarships Available for NatCon23 Preconference Workshop: Creating an Organizational Approach to Health Equity
Two primary issues affect the ability of individuals from historically marginalized communities to access mental health and substance use treatment — social determinants of health and health disparities. Both must be addressed at the highest level of a treatment organization.
On Sunday, April 30, 2023 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. PT), Dr. Pierluigi Mancini and the National Council for Mental Wellbeing’s Social Justice Leadership Academy (SJLA) will present Creating an Organizational Approach to Health Equity, an interactive preconference workshop held in conjunction with NatCon23. This full-day event will provide leaders in treatment organizations with tools to better understand social determinants of health, health disparities, and racial and social justice, as well as a framework for transforming service provisions to address these issues.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE: SJLA will provide a limited number of scholarships to SJLA participants who have demonstrated commitment to advancing social justice initiatives within their organizations. These scholarships will cover workshop registration and associated lodging costs. Additional scholarships to attend NatCon may be available.
Scholarship applications will be open through Feb. 17, 2023, and SJLA will notify scholarship recipients by mid-March.
Scholarship recipients must be SJLA participants who have attended and/or viewed recordings of three or more SJLA events. When reviewing applications, the National Council will also consider responses to application questions, the applicant’s role and organization, and their level of engagement in SJLA events.
The SJLA scholarship will cover registration and lodging to facilitate attendance at Creating an Organizational Approach to Health Equity preconference workshop:
- Registration costs for Creating an Organizational Approach to Health Equity preconference workshop (Sunday, April 30, 2023, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. PT)
- Lodging costs for Saturday, April 29, and Sunday, April 30, at a NatCon23 partner hotel.
If available, additional scholarship funds MAY cover:
- Registration costs for all or part of NatCon (May 1–3).
- Additional lodging costs for SJLA scholarship recipients who also receive scholarships to attend NatCon.
Scholarships will NOT cover transportation to or from the event or incidental costs, such as meals, associated with attending:
- Transportation costs, such as airfare, are the responsibility of the attendee.
- Meals and incidental costs are also the responsibility of the attendee.
In your scholarship application, please indicate your preferred attendance option.
|Lodging Check In||Pre-Con||NatCon Day 1||NatCon Day 2||NatCon Day 3 (half day)||Lodging Check Out|
|Option 1: Pre-conference workshop only||Saturday, 4/29||Sunday, 4/30||–||–||–||Monday, 5/1|
|Option 2: Pre-conference workshop and NatCon (1 day)||Saturday, 4/29||Sunday, 4/30||Monday, 5/1||–||–||Tuesday, 5/2|
|Option 3: Pre-conference workshop and NatCon (2 days)||Saturday, 4/29||Sunday, 4/30||Monday, 5/1||Tuesday, 5/2||–||Wednesday, 5/3|
|Option 4: Pre-conference workshop and NatCon (full registration)||Saturday, 4/29||Sunday, 4/30||Monday, 5/1||Tuesday, 5/2||Wednesday, 5/3||Thursday, 5/4|
The National Council will notify selected scholarship recipients of their award by mid-March 2023. In order to claim their spot and receive the awarded SJLA scholarship, recipients must email SJLA@thenationalcouncil.org with documentation confirming that they have booked transportation to the conference (e.g., flight or rental car confirmation).
Three days of leadership-building, organization-boosting learning from the best minds in health care —that’s what awaits you at NatCon23 from May 1–3 in Los Angeles, California.
Join us for the largest conference in mental health and substance use treatment, where we’ll celebrate our shared commitment to transform communities and save lives.
Attend NatCon23 to:
- Network with thousands of health care professionals from across the country.
- Hear from hundreds of sought-after speakers in health care and beyond.
- Participate in deep-dive discussions about the future of our field.
- Explore new technologies and trends with industry-advancing organizations.
- Earn continuing education credits (CEUs).